
I've been working with Evernote for the last couple of weeks. I know, you say, "who needs another online notebook to-do app?" and I agree. No one.
Evernote is doing something new and different. It's a beautiful hybrid of installed software (like OmniFocus or OneNote) but it syncs with its online counterpart Web-app so you always have your notes online, on any computer, and on Windows Mobile or iPhones.
But the BEST part is this crazy snapshot-note thing. From the Mac OS X Leopard installed app, you can click "snapshot note" and hold up a business card or page from your notebook in front of your iSight camera, and it shoots a picture and lets you tag it as a new note. Then hit sync and Evernote's text-recognition software indexes the words in the camera. So you can find what you wrote no MATTER where. It's sort of the ultimate in paperless imaging.
For example - look at this card I scanned. I typed in "Stark" and it found the word on the guy's address. Pretty powerful. The response of the data running on your computer is much faster than searching in an online app, even a Google product.
I'll keep working with this, but it's easy to see that this could become a searchable dumping ground for lots and lots of random information.

1 comment:
For implementing GTD you might try out this web-based application:
Gtdagenda.com
You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version is available too.
As with the last update, now Gtdagenda has full Someday/Maybe functionality, you can easily move your tasks and projects between "Active", "Someday/Maybe" and "Archive". This will clear your mind, and will boost your productivity.
Hope you like it.
Post a Comment